Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Skeptical America

Hello everyone (and sorry for the late post)!

(Link to the article can be found on the bottom of this page)

"Let him make his decisions", a quote from Former President Obama, referring to our brand new president, Donald Trump. Some things are easier said than done, and something as controversial as this is definitely easier said than done. I will admit that Donald Trump is not my president (yes that is a reference to the popular hashtag going around social media currently), nor was Hillary, nor were many of the other candidates. Truth be told, it was hard to fully support one candidate. Sure there were good choices; but in my own opinion, which I know is different from many others, I did not find a candidate that I could fully support.

But while I may have not of voted for President Trump, I do agree with what our former president is saying: give him a chance. Like the article stated, the beauty of our form of government is that we can give our newly elected presidents the opportunity to govern in their own way and see what they can accomplish. We do not have to agree with their views or their methods, but we can at least show them respect and allow them to either succeed or fail. Either way, we are all still Americans and no president can ever change that.

So in closing, I just want to urge everyone to love each other. Even Donald Trump. He will never be my president, but I can still respect his position and pray that he will make good use of his time as President.

God bless everyone, love you all!
-Austin M. DuBois

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2017/0209/For-skeptical-Americans-a-debate-over-whether-to-give-Trump-a-chance-video

No comments: